Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Disclaimer: Beware of Boring. Do not read if operating heavy machinery

Dear Blogger,

I have a feeling this is going to be a summer of many firsts. Within these two weeks, I have already rented my first motel room, have my alternator die on me, drive 450 miles all by myself and another 450 miles with a friend, and start a REAL internship. But a first that I really want to experience this summer, which many teenagers yearn for, that sweet taste of pleasure, that smoldering hot passion, is to get....me...PAID!! ahhh!!! you thought i was going to say "LAID" didn't you!?! you naughty boy/girl you! but yeah, this is my first real internship that pays a decent amount. Not like teaching kids at summer camp (JOL, Irvine Academy), some crappy movie theater, or being a temp for random companies. I'm interning at a advertising/marketing design company called "Designworks" in San Jose. They make logos, websites, flash media, brochures, and other cool stuff to advertise our clients and their products. My schedule is.. Business class from 7:30am - 9:30am, then work from 10:00am - 5:00pm, and finally Business Law class from 6:00pm - 8:00pm, and hopefully squeeze in a workout afterwards. On the weekends, I'm totally free, so visit me if you can!
While in Norcal, I'm staying at my boss's place in a little town called Los Gatos. It's really isolated and filled with trees and wildlife. Oh yeah! We have a family(a mommy and two babies) of deer living in our backyard. They're not very social. They just sit there and eat, and if I come around they ignore me or they run away. How rude..



Sincerely,
Eric Chiang

3 comments:

Irene Wen said...

It sounds like you're having a good time. [: I hope you befriend the deer by the time your internship ends.

Unknown said...

Yeah... I thought you were gonna say laid. And I was like... nooo eric, that's not goood... yet I was totally rooting for it.
Los Gatos eh? That's a really nice place. Remind you of Irvine a little bit?

brendaa said...

Hahahaha OMG that was a pretty funny paragraph. Even though you didn't say laid, we all know you want it baaad :]
well i hope you're having the best time in Norcal right now, and be nice to people :)